Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

Matariki

Today we are learning about, what Matariki is all about. Matariki is about the celebration of the Maori new year. Matariki is very important because it helps us remember both 7 or 9 stars and what there are all about. Here are some questions I am going to be answering from my teacher, Mrs Tele'a.

Questions:

* What do we see in the sky? We see the 7 or 9 stars of matariki in the sky.
*  Highlights from Matariki?  For matariki I was doing sports in the school hall.me and my group for matariki, was playing a maori game to celebrate the Maori new year. My teachers for matariki day, was Mr wright, Tison and Mrs va'afusuanga. They are the sports teachers for Pt England School.
* Should New Zealand celebrate Matariki? Yes. Why? because it really means everything to us people and that they also support the Maori new year.
Enjoy the year of Matariki.

No comments:

Post a Comment